PURPOSE OF POSITION:
A full-time exempt position responsible for supporting the development efforts of Meals on Wheels of Wake County. The Development Officer will work closely with the Director of Development and the Fundraising Committee to meet fundraising goals for the organization.
1. Support the development team in efforts to effectively execute the funding strategy for Meals on Wheels of Wake County.
2. Enter and manage contribution and donor information in the organization’s fundraising database. Run reports for key stakeholders as needed.
3. Maintain data integrity to ensure that database is an effective tool for general fundraising, direct marketing, public relations and ongoing communications.
4. Update organization’s website regularly
5. Write articles for and coordinate distribution of the printed newsletter.
6. Assist in the development and distribution of a quarterly e-newsletters, mass e-mail correspondence, and social media posts.
7. Develop a system for archiving a library of recipient and volunteer stories as well as develop and maintain a system for archiving images.
8. Assist in research and development of individual donors, corporate grants and foundation funding proposals.
9. Attend various corporate and church fairs to help raise awareness of Meals on Wheels of Wake County. Help generate interest in volunteer opportunities.
10. Assist with coordination of and participation in all fundraising/special events including coordination of ticket sales, auctions, and promotion.
Director of Development & Communications for Meals on Wheels of Wake County
College degree (preferred)
3+ years of experience in working in development for a non-profit
Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
Special events experience, including managing large scale galas with auctions
Experience with managing event volunteers
Experience working with fundraising/donor database software and auction software
Experience with website maintenance/updates
Strong interpersonal skills: ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with all constituencies
Ability to work independently and prioritize work based on needs and requirements
Thorough knowledge of MS Office required
APPLY BY March 22, 2019 to:
Please send a cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information for 2 professional references by either e-mail or USPS.
Mary Kate Keith
Meals on Wheels of Wake County
1001 Blair Dr., Suite 100
Raleigh, NC 27603