Would your business or organization like to partner with us to help our senior neighbors in need?
- Employees can volunteer to deliver meals. Due to the pandemic we are only delivering a box of shelf-staple items every TUESDAY morning. This typically takes about 60 to 90 minutes. Effective December 1, 2020 - at this time we only need volunteers for our Blair Dr. location which delivers meals to our Raleigh and North Raleigh clients.
- Can't commit to a regular delivery schedule? Then perhaps a one time "team building" event is right for you. Pick one day and we can reserve several routes for you, depending on the location you select. A staff member will help you plan the experience.
- Collect holiday gifts for our clients. We are looking for NEW knit winter caps, bath and hand towels and washclothes, fleece lap blankets, adult coloring books, and colored pencils. You can drop them off at our office at 1001 Blair Dr., Raleigh by December 11. These items are also listed on our Amazon Smile Charity List for your convenience. Just search for Meals on Wheels of Wake County.
- Send Holiday Cards. For $20 each, you can purchase a Holiday card to send to an addressee of your choice informing them of your donation on their behalf.
- Donations can directly provide meals for seniors neighbors. Here's an idea of how your donation can help: $140 provides meals for one person for one month; $840 provides meals for six months; $1,700 provides meals for one year for one person.
- Compile breakfast bags for our clients. This can be done right in your office. Each bag contains a juicebox, a fruit cocktail cup, a package of instant oatmeal, and a nutrigrain bar. Bring the completed bags to our office and we will deliver them.
- Perhaps you can think of other ways you and your employees can help.
For information on volunteering please contact Sharon Lawson at firstname.lastname@example.org
For information on donating please contact Mary Kate Keith at email@example.com
If you would like to visit our office and kitchen facility at 1001 Blair Drive in Raleigh, please call 919-833-1749.
Meals on Wheels of Wake County is grateful to the following companies/groups for partnering with us as volunteers:
ACI Support Specialist
Bank of America
Concord Hospitality/Raleigh Marriott Crabtree Valley
First Citizens Bank
Governor Moore School for Blind
MOW Young Professionals
National Council of Negro Women
NC Division of Aging
Raleigh United Professional Firefighters
SafeLite Auto Glass
Steven L. Lyons Funeral Home
Tammy Lynn Center
The Arc of the Triangle
Titan Tower Company
Universal Mental Healthcare
Wake County Dept. of Adult Protection Services
Wake County Dept. of Human Services
Wake County Dept. of Revenue
Wake County Dept. of Social Services