Are you and your colleagues, family and friends
looking for ways to help your neighbors and celebrate the season of giving this year?
Here are some ideas of how you and your organization can assist Meals on Wheels of Wake County during the holidays:
- Instead of having the typical office/group gift exchange, take up a collection for Meals on Wheels and send it in honor of the group. We will acknowledge the gift in our newsletter.
- Not sure what to send your business associates for the holidays? Well – forget the fruit cake! For a gift of $20 per card you can let Meals on Wheels take care of your holiday list. Send us the name(s) and addresses of the people you what to receive the card and we’ll take care of it. Your associates will receive a special card informing them that you made a gift to Meals on Wheels in their honor. Purchase holiday cards HERE
- Interested in helping your senior neighbors? Meals on Wheels attempts to have a small holiday gift for each of our clients. Items such as new socks, gloves, hats, scarves, lap blankets, dish towels, and household staples are perfect. Collect these items and we can pick them up. If you can wrap them – all the better. Join AmazonSmile and you can view our list of preferred items. Just search for Meals on Wheels of Wake County.
- Donate items for our Breakfast Bag Program. We collect small juice boxes, soft breakfast bars, low sugar fruit cocktail, and instant oatmeal packages to create breakfast bags that are distributed to our most frail seniors.
- Sponsor a senior dining room holiday party. On December 11, 2019 all of our eight dining rooms will host a holiday party. A sponsorship of $500 will underwrite the costs of the meals served that day. Your group will be invited to attend the party and spread holiday cheer. If you can do more, collect items for gift bags for the clients at the dining room.
- Sponsor a delivery route. With advance notice, your group can select a day in December to deliver meals to one or more of our delivery routes. In addition to delivering the meals and holiday cheer, you can also distribute small gifts bags.
Please call 919-833-1749 or send an e-mail to email@example.com to discuss these or any other ideas you might have.
Together we can make the holidays brighter for our Wake County senior neighbors.