DEPUTY EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
☒ EXEMPT ⬜ NON-EXEMPT
PURPOSE OF POSITION
Meals on Wheels Wake County is a forward thinking community based organization providing services to older adults. The Deputy Executive Director will play a key role in delivering the operations capacity to ensure viability of all programs. This position requires creative thinking, problem solving, and collaborative style of working. The successful candidate will possess maturity, integrity, professionalism, discretion, and tact.
The Deputy Executive Director will oversee the planning and executing for all aspects of operations to make certain the agency has the capacity to meet the Meals on Wheels mission, particularly key responsibilities in financial management, human resources, technology management, and general administration.
1. Manage all administrative aspects of accounting functions to include accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, cash management, contract management, and federal compliance.
2. In conjunction with outside accounting firm, develop and maintain financial reports for Executive Director and Board of Directors to monitor the budget plan.
3. Assist Executive Director and Director of Development with annual budget and grant budget preparation.
4. Serve as staff lead for the independent financial audit.
1. Oversee all HR functions to include recruitment, hiring, termination, compensation, benefits administration, professional training, and performance management.
2. Maintain regulatory and legal compliance as well as make policy and procedures recommendations as needed.
3. In collaboration with the Executive Director, plan all staff meetings, trainings and activities to enhance professional development.
1. Ensure that the technology plan supports the agency’s mission and includes appropriate hardware and software for the program, fundraising, and administration.
2. Oversee data management for reporting and analytics.
1. Primary contact with Food Runners Collaborative for both food service contract and facility management.
2. Ensure that administrative offices are maintained to meet the agency’s need. Support community partnerships with shared facilities.
3. Serve as risk management officer. Secure appropriate property and liability insurance. Provide safety plan to include training.
Direct reports are Senior Data Entry Specialist, Data Entry Specialist, and Community Liaison.
Serve on Senior Leadership Team with Director of Program Services and Director of Development and Communications to ensure the mission of Meals on Wheels is met and provide for future growth.
▪ Executive Director
▪ Bachelors Degree with a minimum of five years experience in Accounting, Business, Public Administration or closely related field or industry.
▪ Experience working in a leadership administrative role with a nonprofit a plus.
▪ Strong leadership skills with the ability to value diversity, equity, and inclusion as well as to interact with constituencies from a range of backgrounds.
▪ Ability to coach, mentor and teach; serve as a source of knowledge, expertise and support to staff, volunteers and site managers.
▪ Effective oral, written, and numeric communication skills. ▪ Strong organizational skills with the ability to work through complex problems.
▪ Ability to work independently and prioritize work based on MOW’s needs and priorities.
▪ Successful experience with creating new, or improving current, systems.
▪ Ability to make visits to all sites and communities served as needed.
▪ Verifiable computer knowledge: ability to use MS Windows, MS Word, MS Excel; email; accounting software; and other technology as appropriate.
▪ Must be bondable.
▪ Assist with meal delivery as needed.
Meals on Wheels of Wake County, Inc. has a robust non-discrimination policy and affirms that persons are entitled to equal opportunities in employment, volunteer positions to include membership on the Board of Directors, and client services regardless of race, color, religion, sex, disability, national origin, age, sexual orientation or any other characteristics protected by Federal, state or local law.